Friday, July 12, 2013

From Anna

Dear Nana & Papa & Grandma & Grandpa,

Africa is nice. I like to visit the bunnies.  And they had 4 new babies yesterday!  Some things are different here. The church is different here because there are benches instead of seats, and no kid's room. And the roads are not with pavement. Instead they are with red dirt. And there's a few cars. Most people walk.  We can't drink the water from the sink but we can drink the filtered water from the jugs in the fridge. There's a jug in the bathroom with clean water & we put it in cups to brush our teeth. And we brought our own toothpaste. I have my own bed & I share a room with Levi. And the other thing that's different about my bed is I have a mosquito net. I like the net because it's cool.
I like watching the pigs & butterflies. I saw a blue & black butterfly. A bright blue & black one!  The birds have beautiful noises. I saw a turocco. A turocco is a very beautiful bird!  It has red wings and a purple body and a yellow face.
In the afternoons we go to the hospital. We play with the boys & girls. They are black and some girls even have short hair. And mostly all of them have almost bald hair. We can't talk to them very well because they speak another language.   We just say "hi" and color pictures & play games and one time we did a race too.
There are 2 dogs here and they are mostly nice but one ate my shoe last night. Their names are umoonyou (salt) and urucinda (pepper).
I miss Gheera & Meeko but I'm not ready to come home today - maybe tomorrow.

I love you!
Love,
Anna

2 comments:

  1. Oh Anna, it is soooo wonderful to hear from you! Africa sounds amazing! Bet you're having so much fun with the bunnies...And how exciting to have baby ones just born...So soft and gentle! Remember looking at a picture of a turocco in the encyclopedia...And now you've seen one for real...Sounds gorgeous! And the butterflies must be gorgeous, especially the bright blue and black ones! I think it would be fun to sleep under mosquito netting...Do you feel like a princess? It's so cool that you get to play with the children at the hospital...What a special time! I'd love to go to Africa with you sometime and you could show me all the wonders! I love you soooo much and am hugging you in my heart and praying for you all the time! Can't wait to hear from you again!!! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa & I are so very proud of you. Sounds like you are having a blast. Such new and beautiful things to see and do. I'm glad you are able to play with the children at the hospital, that must make them feel really good and special. It's nice that they are able to take their minds off being sick and just being kids. Grpa saw an all black butterfly with a target bulls-eye on it's wings. Your butterflies sound absolutely beautiful. Meeko is being a very good girl, drove over to the Lake House today with Gr-ma. She loves playing with Lobo, I think she thinks he is her brother. Poor Chewy got beat up by a raccoon and his back left leg is very sore. He sure misses all the lovin' that you give him. Have a funtastic time in Africa, I hug you in my heart each and every day and can't wait to hear from you again. Give all of your family hugs/kisses from us. Luv you, Gr-ma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be blessed!