Saturday, July 6, 2013

Internet Spotty

Sorry we haven't been able to keep up .... Just got this Internet yesterday.
To say Internet is spotty is understated. There really isn't any Internet at all at the mission & pretty much none at hospital either. We bought a great unlimited plan for an "unlocked phone" that the family before left for us to use - basically 3G so I might be able to keep up via phone.


We are doing well - the kids are loving it. Can't keep Levi out of trees or Anna out of the bunny pen.... Or peel the poor chameleon out of Lauren's hands :)

Joel worked a bit more than 12 hours Wednesday & again today. A bit tough for me. Crazy stuff he is not used to. He reads up on how to do the surgery before he heads in to actually do it!  Worms, broken bones, bad abscesses .... ick.

We are taking it slow .... Exposing the kids to the "village" (as Levi calls outside the mission) little by little. Anna is already done with the crowds & strangers pulling her out of my arms & calling her a baby. Our american friend & the one who runs the mission, Julie, returns on Wednesday so maybe we can go with her more often. I can't really carry Lauren & Anna at the same time. They do love to go to the nearest duka for cokes :)


Will keep you posted. Thanks sooooo much for all your prayers - I should be more stressed out or freaked out than I am ;)

I love you!!!!!
P

1 comment:

  1. So good to gain snapshots of your life! Our thoughts and prayers continue to surround each of you!!!! Love you all so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be blessed!