Thursday, May 22, 2014

More Lauren Quotables

Lauren:  What does that say?
Julie:  The Holy Bible.... and this says NIV
Lauren:  Oh!  Like poison ivy?!?


After Macy painted Lauren's finger & toe nails...
Lauren:  Do I have any more nails you can paint?
Macy:  Nope.  But that sure would be fun if you did!
Lauren:  Ok.   Well then can you paint my eyelashes?


Lauren entering our room at 5:30am.....
Joel:  Lauren, it's still night.  Go back to your bed!
Lauren:  But I got out of bed and looked out my kittens and saw it was light out.  But I need someone to move my pisquito net!



Monday, May 22, 2014
From Lauren:

Hi to Nana & Papa, and Grandma & Grandpa,

I love you. 

I wish I could come to your house.

I like it here in Africa.  I like it when we came here the first time because of the bunnies.  They are not here this time.  But instead we have kittens!  They are gray and white and black with stripes and spots.  There are 4 kittens named:  Lily (that’s ours), Sprite (that’s Sam’s), Sophia Button (that’s Macy’s), and Jesse (that’s Zach’s).  They are still too little to come to our house, so they stay with their mother at the Berg’s house for now.  The mama meows like this:  maaaa maaaa maaaa!  The babies meow like:  meooow, meow, meow!

I have played with the toys here & have a stuffed animal puppy to give to the African kids because they don’t have any toys.  Sometimes I give toy cars to the African kids in bed who got sick from the worm egg water.  Every day we visit Mary and we give her eggs & cheese… and flowers.  She smiles at us.

I like it when Mommy pushes me on the swing.  It’s really big!  I like the puskeeto net in my room.  My favorite food here is fruit snacks that we brought from home.  I like the bananas too.  And the purple Fanta.  We get to drink a Fanta on Saturdays. 

I like going on the airplane.  I liked it when we slept.  I like it when we went up in the air.  I liked watching movies.  I watched Monsters Inc. 

When we go to the market, we sometimes get samboosas – they are spicy.  I do not like them.  They are little meat pies shaped in triangles.

I love you!

From Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren!! It is so good to hear from you!!! Sounds like you are having lots of fun, especially with the kittens! How wonderful that you are taking such good care of Mary! Can't wait 'til you can come to our house and tell us all about Africa! Lots of love and hugs,
    Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be blessed!