Thursday, August 25, 2016

Daily Happenings

Dr. Joel & Dr. Ronald hard at work in the OR
(Operating Room)
It's hot & sticky, no windows, no air conditioning, scrubs covered by a gown with tight gloves, a hat & face mask.  Joel can almost wring out his t-shirt at the end of a case.
I would totally pass out!



Joel with 2 visiting surgeons from Germany.
Gunther & Philip are giving their time here for 2 weeks.  Great guys!


This is our main entrance.  There is a newly painted sign indicating that we are now a guesthouse as well as a mission.  The guesthouse helps to pay the bills when there aren't enough missionaries to fill the houses.
Honeymoon anyone???

Here is our school/toy room - though we have our lessons outside on the picnic table.  I brought a couple desks down from the schoolhouse to put in our front room.  It works out nicely.  Almost one week of school under our belt!  Kids are doing great!  I think I kind of like teaching....



Thank you Heather for the super fun wipe off strips for sight words!!!!

Math is better outside!

Learning cursive is better when Chess is close by!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome to do life with you all, virtually! What a great classroom...and so happy that you're enjoying teaching, Paula! Looks like the kids are doing super! Dr. J...somehow stay cool, calm and collected (cool being the biggest challenge...as in temperature)! Love and prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!,thanks for some great teaching ideas Paula. I'm going to be helping kick start my 4 year old Luke this fall since he may be staying home with his Nanny(me) and brother instead of going to Pre-K.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be blessed!